Sunday, November 18, 2012

Beautiful Garden Art

Not only do I love, love, love making jewelry, I also love, making other fun artsy projects. So, TA-DA!!.....my new garden sculptures. I saw the directions on pinterest (follow me on Pinterest - #Mary# #Robinson#) and thought to myself "self, this is very cool....you should do this". So I took myself to Goodwill and bought 3 very very large boxes of the coolest junk. Then I I took myself to the hardware store and bought 2 tubes of liquid nails. Then I made these little lovlies!!
 
They are all made with plates, a candy dish, bowls, vases, glasses, glass paperweight and a jello mold.  This was soooo darn much fun.  However, this project was not without a few hazards.......Like when I tried to move a sculpture before it was completely dry.  Once the dust settled, my kitchen floor and countertop were covered in broken glass..and it was soooo pretty too.  I am still finding broken glass.  Or, that I had junk all over my kitchen for several days until I had my fill of making these little lovlies.  In the end, it was all worth it....unless you ask my husband who thinks it's just a whole lotta junk.  He just doesn't appreciate my ultra-uniqueness. Is that a word?  Anyway, they are growing on him I think; or maybe he's just tuned them out so he doesn't see them anymore.  Whatever, they bring me joy!!!!!!!
 















4 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a great word: ultra-uniqueness. They are pretty and if they bring you joy, isn't life grand? Enjoy always, T

Anonymous said...

BTW, I have bookmarked your blog to keep following. T

Unknown said...

Tricia, thank you much!

Unknown said...

YEAAA!