Friday, November 16, 2012

A Beautiful Day In The Neighborhood

What a wonderful day today.  In Arizona, our Great weather starts in Late September and lasts through April and sometimes May.  Hallelulia!  I sat outside at a winecafe in Phoenix for a three hour lunch with my BFF's like we don't have a care in the world.....well for those three hours we didn't.  Had a couple glasses of wine, some great bruchetta.......and now back to reality.

Did I mention that I love, love, love to make jewelry.  If I had nothing else to do, I could sit at my work table every day for hours on end and just create stuff.  Sometimes I even get to do just that....but then my family (husband, four children with spouses and 9 grand children) step in and nudges me out of my delerious joy and says "Hello! don't you like us anymore? You used to cater to us, we want you back!"  I really do love my family, don't get me wrong....but, right now, I love jewelry best!! Take a look at what I did this week.  I would love your feedback.


This picture doesn't do this piece justice.  It is made with Freshwater cultured pearl coins and crystal quartz.  This one makes me very happy just to look at it!  It looks great with jeans or that little black dress for an evening out.  $65









Big Chunks of Red Coral adorn multiple sized Sterling Silver Rings. The 5 small Coral beads are hand carved by a sweet, dainty, little Asian lady who loves, loves, loves her work and is sooo happy that someone will be able to enjoy her hard work for a lifetime......hey, its possible. The earrings are hammered Sterling Silver hoops with with little red coral flowers. $92

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are some pretty impressive pieces. I bet they make a huge impact with the right outfit. Enjoy always, T

Unknown said...

I've worn both of them casual and dressy.

Kyle said...

Beautiful artwork, Mary, my BFF.